The RIDE Paratransit for Visitors
If you’re visiting the Boston area and have a disability that prevents you from using the MBTA bus, subway, or trolley, under the ADA you can use The RIDE for up to 21 days in a 12-month period. To arrange for RIDE services during your visit:
1. Contact The RIDE Eligibility Center (TREC).
2. Provide your eligibility information to the TREC staff.
If you have an ADA Paratransit Certificate of Eligibility, make sure you have a copy.
If you don’t have an ADA certificate or you live in an area without paratransit services, you may need to provide:
- Home address and residence information
- Where you'll be staying in Boston and local contact information
- Mobility device used
- Letter from your health care provider
- Other supporting documentation of your disability
3. Get a decision.
Once you’re approved for The RIDE as a visitor, you'll be notified of your RIDE ID account number, how to use the service, how it operates, and more.