Oak Grove Station Accessibility Improvements
Pictured above is the current Oak Grove Station juxtaposed with a rendering of proposed changes. Use the slider to see more or less of each photo.
About the Project
- Contract awarded: August 2019
- Projected Completion: May 2021
- Budget: $22.5 million
- Status: Design
Upgrades at Oak Grove Station will improve accessibility at the station for riders and the community.
Building a Better T
As part of our $8 billion, 5-year capital investment plan, we're renovating stations, modernizing fare collection systems, upgrading services for our buses, subways, and ferries, and improving the accessibility of the entire system.
- We're constructing 3 new elevators and replacing 1 existing elevator, making them accessible both before and after the fare gates. This will also provide additional elevator service to the Orange Line platform.
- Elevators will now be transparent with glass cars and shafts
- Sidewalk upgrades and repairs
- Updated wayfinding signs
- Station brightening: lobby flooring, lighting, paint, glazing, and roofing
- Electrical upgrades to station switchgear, including emergency generator
Oak Grove station will be more efficient and easier to maintain:
- Updated elevator equipment will reduce maintenance time and costs and increase dependability
- Electrical systems upgrades will improve station efficiency and reduce maintenance costs
- Riders can feel safer and more comfortable
- People with disabilities can more easily access the station
- Improved rider experience at the station
- Elevator service will be more dependable
We invite you to review documents related to the Oak Grove Station Accessibility Improvements project.
Board Presentation (August 12, 2019)
Public Meeting Presentation (August 9, 2018)
For all queries and comments related to Oak Grove Station Accessibility Improvements, please email email@example.com.