Beverly Drawbridge Rehabilitation
Updated on May 23, 2019
About the Project
The Beverly drawbridge carries the Newburyport/Rockport Line over the Danvers River in Beverly and Salem. Additionally, the swing span of the bridge sits on a center pivot that, when opened, provides for 2 navigation channels for maritime traffic.
Work was done on the Beverly drawbridge swing span, supports, and mechanical components.
- Repairs to concrete support piles
- Repairs to 104-foot steel swing span components that rest on a center pivot pier
- New mechanical components, including the hydraulic rail system, bridge wedges, and swing span motor
- Safer for rail and maritime traffic
- Eliminates speed restriction on bridge
- More reliable Commuter Rail service
For all queries and comments related to the Beverly Drawbridge Rehabilitation, please contact project manager John Schwarz at firstname.lastname@example.org