Beverly Drawbridge Rehabilitation
The Beverly drawbridge carries the Newburyport/Rockport Line over the Danvers River in Beverly and Salem. Additionally, the swing span of the bridge sits on a center pivot that, when opened, provides for 2 navigation channels for maritime traffic.
Work was done on the Beverly drawbridge swing span, supports, and mechanical components.
- Repairs to concrete support piles
- Repairs to 104-foot steel swing span components that rest on a center pivot pier
- New mechanical components, including the hydraulic rail system, bridge wedges, and swing span motor
- Safer for rail and maritime traffic
- Eliminates speed restriction on bridge
- More reliable Commuter Rail service
Building a Better T
As part of our $8 billion, 5-year capital investment plan, we're renovating stations, modernizing fare collection systems, upgrading services for our buses, subways, and ferries, and improving the accessibility of the entire system.
For all queries and comments related to the Beverly Drawbridge Rehabilitation, please contact project manager John Schwarz at email@example.com