Shawsheen River Bridge
Timeline: 2017 – 2019
We’ve rehabilitated the Shawsheen River Bridge, on the Wilmington/Billerica border. The bridge carries the Lowell Line over the Shawsheen River.
- Repairs and improvements to the existing abutments
- New steel plate arch liner, and filler to strengthen the space between the existing and proposed arch
- Repairs to the existing arch wall, and new concrete wall supports
- Erosion protection at the river banks and in the riverbed
- The hydraulic opening will be reduced, so a 48-inch pipe will be added between both sides of the bridge wing walls
Building a Better T
As part of our $8 billion, 5-year capital investment plan, we're renovating stations, modernizing fare collection systems, upgrading services for our buses, subways, and ferries, and improving the accessibility of the entire system.
For all queries and comments related to the Shawsheen River Bridge, please contact project manager Bashir Madamidola at email@example.com.