Changes to Bus Routes 455/459
Effective September 1, 2019
How This Route is Changing
The 455 charges a Local Bus fare ($1.70), and monthly Local Bus passes and monthly LinkPasses are valid for fare payment.
Map of Service Changes
Explore this map to learn more about changes to stops along this route.
What You Can Expect
If you take the 459, you can take the 455. Then for service to…
- Downtown Boston, transfer to the Blue Line
- Seaport, take the Blue Line to Airport, then transfer to the SL3
- Logan Airport, take the Blue Line to Airport, then transfer to the SL1
- Salem, transfer from the Blue Line at Wonderland
- Stops on McClellan Highway between Logan Airport and Wonderland:
- For service to Boston, take the 450 from your current stop to Haymarket
- For service to Salem, take the 450 to 760 Western Ave in Lynn, then transfer to the 455
If you take the 455 to or from…
- VFW Parkway, your new stop could be Wonderland
- Stops on American Legion Highway south of Revere St, your new stop could be Revere St @ Stowers St
Why We're Making This Change
By reinvesting resources from the 459 into the 455, we can provide more frequent service to the North Shore between Wonderland and Salem.
By shifting service from VFW Parkway to Revere St, we can provide riders with a faster and more reliable trip through Revere.
Better Bus Project
As part of the Better Bus Project, this route change allows us to better invest in long-term changes like adding more buses, more drivers, and more garages.