Throughout the Boston Red Sox baseball season, the MBTA accommodates thousands of extra fans as they travel in and out of Fenway Park. Customers are urged to take public transportation to and from the games and advised to check T-Alerts for the most up-to-date service information on game days. Go Sox and thank you for riding the T!
Taking the T to Fenway Park
- Green Line (Subway Schedule): The Green Line's Kenmore and Fenway Stations are the closest to Fenway Park. Customers can board any B-, C-, and D-Branch trains to travel to Kenmore Station. For Fenway Station, customers can board any D-Branch train.
- Commuter Rail (Framingham/Worcester Line Schedule): Customers can utilize Yawkey Station on the Framingham/Worcester Commuter Rail Line for service to and from Fenway Park.
Travel to Fenway Park on the Commuter Rail via South Station
- Once the Commuter Rail train arrives, transfer to the Red Line subway level and take an Alewife-bound train from the northbound platform.
- Transfer from the Red Line to the Green Line at Park Street Station. Park Street Station is only two Red Line stops from South Station.
- Once at Park Street Station, board any Green Line B-, C-, or D-Branch train and travel to Kenmore Station.
- Fenway Park is less than a half mile from Kenmore Square Station.
- MBTA station personnel in orange vests will be available to answer any questions and to assist and direct customers on game days.
Park and Take the T
- Parking is available at many MBTA stations. Before beginning the trip to Fenway, visit the MBTA Parking page for a full list of parking locations and information.
Late Games and Extra Innings
- In the event the game runs late, a public announcement and a posting will be made on the jumbo screen at Fenway Park advising customers that the last train will depart Kenmore Square Station at 12:10 a.m.
Purchasing Your CharlieTickets in Advance
- Buying your return CharlieTicket at the beginning of your trip is strongly encouraged and will help to avoid long lines and delays during fare collection after the game.
- Fans can purchase CharlieTickets and add value to their CharlieCards at fare vending machines that are located inside of Fenway Park near Gates C and E.
For More Information
- Sign up for T-Alerts.
- Follow the MBTA on Twitter @MBTA.
- Follow the Red Sox on Twitter @RedSox.
- Contact the MBTA Customer Communications Department at (617) 222-3200, TTY: