|Update: Commuter Rail back to full service on March 30. For schedules, please visit www.mbta.com/winter/severe_weather/ more >|
Mobile Ticketing Now Available
Customers who utilize the MBTA's Rockport/Newburyport, Fitchburg, Haverhill, and Lowel commuter rail lines now have a new way to pay for their commuter rail trips. On Monday, the MBTA launched it's new mobile ticketing app (mTicket) which gives customers the opportunity to purchase and store commuter rail tickets from their smartphones. To read more about this first-in-the-nation mobile ticketing program, click here.
This mobile ticketing app has some good news for voiceover users as the mobile ticketing app is voiceover compatible. Before you start exploring this new application, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Presently, only commuter rail lines that serve North Station are covered. Commuter boats and trains that begin at South Station will be covered in the 2nd phase of the mobile ticketing pilot.
- To view and purchase Senior or TAP reduced fare commuter rail tickets, you must enter your Senior or TAP CharlieCard identification number. Here's how to do it.
- From the "Main Menu" screen of the app, tap on the "Settings" button located near the botton left portion of the screen.
- Next, select the "Reduced Fare" option
- After selecting the "Reduced Fare" option, enter your Senior or TAP CharlieCard identification number in the space provided.
- Finally, select the "Save" option
Once you've entered in a valid Senior or TAP charlieCard identification number, the reduced fare for your trip will appear once you've selected your origin and destination. Customers who purchase a reduced fare must have the Senior or TAP CharlieCard with them to present to the conductor upon request. If you encounter problems with the mobile ticketing app, feel free to call 617-222-3200 from 6:30am - 8pm (Monday through Friday) and from 7:30am - 6pm (weekends). You may also send an email to email@example.com.