T-Alerts lets you sign up to receive notifications of delays and disruptions, as well as advanced notice of planned service changes, by e-mail or text message (SMS).
- Your cellular carrier may charge you a fee to receive text messages (SMS). Contact your carrier for details.
- For each route, line, or elevator/escalator, you will see the option of signing up for alerts at different times of day. If you sign up for “Early AM” you may receive alerts – even text messages – in the middle of the night.
- The MBTA is not responsible for inadvertent errors or omissions of T-Alert messages.
- T-Alerts are sent to subscribers by GovDelivery. For technical support with your account see the GovDelivery help page.
- We welcome your feedback or suggestions at MBTA Customer Support.
- More information is available in the T-Alerts FAQ.