Due to the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday, March 16, 2014, some bus service routes will operate a special schedule or operate on diversion.
Beginning at approximately 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 16, 2014, all bus routes will be unable to service Broadway Station and Andrew Station due to traffic and road closures, though the stations will remain open for Red Line service. In addition, the following bus routes will operate on diversion:
• Route 9: Service will not operate for the duration of the parade.
• Route 10: Service will begin/terminate at the South Bay Mall.
• Route 11: Service will not operate for the duration of the parade.
• Route 16: Connections can be made at the South Bay Mall and the lower level of JFK/UMass Station.
• Route 17: Connections can be made at Fields Corner Station and the lower level of JFK/UMass Station.
• Route 47: Service will begin/terminate on Albany Street at East Berkley Street.
Additionally, Route 7 (which normally does not operate on Sundays) will operate from South Station to City Point beginning at 9 a.m.:
• Trips from South Station toward City Point will operate on the hour with a last trip at 6 p.m.
• Trips from City Point to South Station will operate on the half hour with a last trip at 6:30 p.m.
Due to the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday, March 16, 2014, the RIDE may experience some diversions and/or delays throughout the area. Please contact your RIDE contractor at the numbers below for details regarding service information during the St. Patrick's Day Parade.
|North area: Greater Lynn Senior Services||888-319-7433||TTY 800-621-0420|
|South area: Joint Ventures||888-920-7433||TTY 888-607-7787|
|Northwest area: Veterans Transportation||877-765-7433||TTY 888-553-8294|
For more information
• Check T-Alerts throughout the day for up-to-the-minute service information.
• Sign up for T-Alerts.
• Follow the MBTA on Twitter @MBTA.
• Contact the MBTA Customer Communications Department at 617-222-3200, TTY: 617-222-5146.