Mattapan Station Improvements
Updated September 2011
The Federal Economic Stimulus Program (ARRA) provides funding for MBTA bus service and customer enhancements. A portion of this program is dedicated to carrying out improvements to Mattapan Station. The proposed $0.5 million project includes the following elements:
- Replacement of the four existing platform waiting shelters to provide a significant improvement to the level of weather protection offered. Work will include the installation of new benches.
- Installation of new efficient heating systems at each shelter.
- Improved weather protection and heating at the existing mini-high platform.
- Pavement repairs will be made to the River Street busway
- Additional station signage, customer information, and bike racks will be provided
- Pedestrian safety improvements will be implemented at both busways.
|Pre-Bid for Construction Phase Services||October 25, 2012|
|Bid Opening||November 6, 2012|
|Anticipated Construction Award||November 30, 2012|
|Anticipated Project Duration||5 Months|