Mattapan Station Improvements
Updated February 2014
The Federal Economic Stimulus Program (ARRA) provides funding for MBTA bus service and customer enhancements. A portion of this program is dedicated to carrying out improvements to Mattapan Station. The proposed $0.5 million project includes the following elements:
- Replacement of two existing platform waiting shelters to provide a significant improvement to the level of weather protection offered.
- Relocation of fare vending machines to the shelter closer to the Police Station.
- Installation of new efficient heating systems at each shelter.
- Improved weather protection and heating at the existing mini-high platform.
- Pavement repairs to the River Street busway.
- Additional station signage, customer information, and bike racks.
- Pedestrian safety improvements at both busways.
This project is currently under construction and completion is scheduled for early Spring 2014.