Helpful Hints on Submitting Your Resume or Application
To make your resume or application as effective as possible at the MBTA, the Human Resources Department offers the following suggestions:
* Always include specific dates of employment on your resume or application.
* Describe your work duties thoroughly and specifically.
* Be sure to include a reference to the Posting Number on your resume, cover letter or application so that it will be matched to the proper position.
* Clearly indicate contact information. Include your name, an address and phone number at which you can be reached. Also, please clearly indicate work phone numbers if you choose to include one.
* Only apply for posted positions.
To apply for a posted vacancy, an applicant may submit a:
* Printed Resume
* Printed Resume and Cover Letter
* Printed Application, or
* Resume with a cover letter option online.
Submitting both an application and resume is not required. However, submitting both is encouraged. Follow this link to print an application.
Once your resume, cover letter, and/or application is prepared, please submit these items using one of the following options:
Mail: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
State Transportation Building
10 Park Plaza
Human Resources Department, Room 4810
Boston, MA 02116
Fax: (617) 222-4767
To submit your resume and optional cover letter online:
* Locate the posting to which you want to apply.
* Clink on the "Apply Online" option available for the posting.
* Complete all of the required fields on the submission form.
* Paste your resume (and cover letter) into the appropriate fields.
* Click on the submit button.
Please note, that one submission cannot be sent to multiple positions. You must complete the online form for each position to which you want to apply.
Applications cannot be submitted online.